10/14/2015

Myself, forever

I am here
I am me
Surrounded by sounds
Noises
People
Voices
Yells
Meetings
Telephone calls
Fax machine sounds
Steps on the stairs
Laughter


I disagree with people
And people disagree with me
But it’s ok because in the end
We’re all saying the same thing


I need to walk
Run
Dance
Climb
Stretch
Throw
Yell
Scream
Sing
Paint
Build
I cannot sit still


I cannot take another interruption
They always come when the words flow
Whether I read them
Or write them
People force themselves upon me
Take my time
Need my thoughts
I don’t understand why
Or what they want
And I find it hard to say no


But I must
To find myself
To find quiet
To feel at peace
To keep reading
Writing
Painting
Dancing
Walking
Thinking
Dreaming
Being
Myself
Always myself
Today


And forever



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!
Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML