8/25/2014

Hacienda Cocoyoc

The state I live in, Morelos, is small but very rich in history. In this sense, it's famous for two things: the convent trail, and the trail of agrarian Revolutionary leader Emiliano Zapata.

I've been dying to visit both, intentionally at least. I know a couple of the convents on the trail, but I still need to visit the 15 or so other convents. As for the Zapata trail, I've been meaning to visit the haciendas where he was born and killed, but have not actually planned a trip to them.

Last weekend I was determined to visit one of those haciendas, but as it turns out, we ended up doing something completely different. However, we did have breakfast at one other hacienda, one I had never been to, despite going past it at least once a month.

We met a close friend of my mom's for breakfast there, and the place was beautiful. It functions as a hotel, with huge gardens, lovely pools, and even a golf course. The food was quite nice (no pics), but definitely the way the place is kept steals the show.

As you can see, the owners have tried to keep the colonial charm throughout, complete with dated furniture and decorations. The high ceilings mean the whole place is cool, which is nice in those hot summer days. But I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

How was your weekend?














Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!
Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML