4/09/2014

Ethno-botanical gardens in Cuernavaca



It's been a long while. Yeah, life got in the way, but more than life, it was work. Now I'm finally going back to having a little time for myself and I missed writing this blog, so here I am.

About a month or so ago, Mr. Xalaila and I went to visit the ethno-botanical gardens in my hometown. It's a huge tract of land in what used to be a separate village. The house (and land) belonged to an indigenous woman back in the mid-1800s, who is known as "the beautiful Indian" because she captured the eye of emperor Maximilian of Hapsburg.

Now the place is divided into three parts: local offices for the National History and Anthropological Institute, a small herbalist museum, and the gardens themselves.

It's quiet, truly an oasis in the middle of the city. It's also free, but even if it weren't, I'd advise you take a break from your busy life and visit.










Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!
Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML