4/24/2013

Walking around

There was an event yesterday at the City Library, a poetry reading to celebrate World Book Night, to which I meant to go. I knew I wouldn't be able to make it on time, since it started at 6 pm and my classes end at 7 pm, but I thought I could at least show up for the last part. Alas, my bad luck these days meant that yesterday, of all days, the class ended late and by the time I got to the library, the event had ended. No poetry readings for me.

But, since I'm trying to change a few things in my life, including how I look at it, I decided to take advantage of the longer days and walk around for a bit. It was the best decision I could make. The evening was cool but not cold, the sky was blue, there weren't too many people around. And by the time I finally got home, the birds were singing loudly all around me while the sky slowly turned the color of ink. It was lovely.

 An abandoned post office near Victoria Station

I love the contrasts between industrial and modern architecture that fills this city.

Beautiful iron bridges unite the Town Hall with other city council offices.

Resting a bit at St. Albert's Sq.

Peeking into the Town Hall.

Picadilly Gardens is getting some green!




Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!
Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML