10/22/2012

Library Tour: Fallowfields Library

My second library visit was to the Fallowfields Library. It's a bit farther away from home, about half an hour, across Plattfields Park. But to get there actually took me about an hour and a half because I got lost. I crossed the Park, started walking, found nothing, tried to get back, made a huge circle and came back to the Park. I almost gave up then and there, but I checked a map inside the Park, figured out the actual way and decided to go take a look.


Fallowfields Library is smaller than Levenshulme Library, but with a similar book collection: mostly contemporary fiction, some history books and a good children selection. It has a few computers and only two desks. Horrible place to work.

In the end I decided not to work there but I registered for the Manchester City Library system. I have a library card! Yay! I have decided to take full advantage of it, once I finish and turn in two fiction books I am reading (yes, on top of everything else for my classes). It's really good that I can browse the catalogue on-line, order the book I want and pick it up in whichever library I want. That should be either Levenshulme or Lonsight, but it can change.

Books make me happy.




Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!
Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML