9/21/2012

Curiosidades / Random things

Aún no me acostumbro a que el tráfico venga del lado equivocado, pero lo que más me saca de onda es que  parece que los autos se manejan solos. (Les debo la foto; ya la tomaré).

I'm still not used to cars coming from the wrong side of the road, but what really gets to me is the apparently invisible drivers. (I'll take a picture for you).

Janice y Melissa, con quienes vivo ahora, son vegetarianas. Por primera vez comí tofu y cenamos asiático todos los días.

Janice and Melissa, the women I'm living with, are both vegetarians. For the first time in my life I had tofu and we're eating Asian every day.

No todos los conductores respetan los pasos peatonales ni los peatones respetan los semáforos.

Not all drivers respect pedestrian crossings, nor do all pedestrians respect the traffic lights. Just like in Mexico.

Me gusta que me digan 'darling' cuando compro los boletos del tren: "¿A dónde vas, darling?" Suena increíble con el acento de aquí y siempre va acompañado de un guiño o una sonrisa.

I love being called 'darling' when buying my train tickets: "Where you off to, darling?" It sounds amazing in the accent they have here and it's always accompanied by a wink or a smile.



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!
Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML